There are two kinds of people:
Those who encourage you to be the best version of you and will support you as long as you’re happy & healthy (and don’t hurt anyone else’s happiness/health).
Those who push you to be more like them, because if you don’t, then something is “wrong” with you.
When people say, "you have to love yourself first," it means more than just being able to look yourself in the mirror and say, "I love myself" and "I'm comfortable in my own skin."
Loving yourself is about those little acts you make every day that strengthen your mind, body, and spirit.
1. Be Impeccable with Your Word
- Speak with integrity.
- Say only what you mean.
- Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others.
- Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.
2. Don't Take Anything Personally
- Nothing others do is because of you.
- What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dreams.
- When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.
3. Don't Make Assumptions
- Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.
- Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama.
- With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4. Always Do Your Best
- Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick.
- Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgement, self-abuse, and regret.