I don't expect you guys to read all of this...but I hope you take the time to answer this survey yourselves just to reflect on the past year. If you do this, answer truthfully and with meaningful answers that you can look back on several years from now; it's amazing to look back on how you've grown.
This is my 7th straight year of doing this, and it's an absolute TRIP looking back and my old posts. Anyways, here it is.
So this is how it feels. The greatest feeling of accomplishment in my life. I've never done ANYTHING like this before...but after months of driving to San Diego, TokBox meetings, promoting,
hair-pulling hair-receding stress...everything fell into place.
And it was EPIC.
I have a ton of things to be thankful for these past few months. Lemme start from the beginning...I'm thankful that:
- a couple years ago, Meliss showed me some random vids of Gabe Bondoc, her YouTube Idol.
- back in July, I did a spontaneous weekend trip to San Diego after our plans for a beach day in Huntington fell through.
- back in August, Meliss showed me her favorite rendition of Getting Stronger performed by Cathy Nguyen and Randolph Permejo.
- Meliss flaked on some guy last minute one Saturday night in September so we could eat at The Boat instead.
- Meliss recognized Cathy and I recognized Gabe eating a few tables down from us that same night.
- I added Cathy on Myspace on couple days later.
- Cathy posted a bulletin on Myspace about broadcasting live on this new thing called BlogTV.com.
- a few days later, Jeremy "Passion" Manongdo was in Gabe's channel and took over when Gabe stopped broadcasting.
- That same night, Jeremy co-hosted Nessa, who is an amazing & beautiful talent. She invited everyone to see her perform at an It's A Grind coffee shop (IAG) in my area.
- I logged onto BlogTV during a slow day at the office and started chatting with bkeeeezy (Bryan Keith).
- Chris P. rolled with me to the USC Mabuhay performances where I bumped into and chilled with Bryan Keith & Cathy. If Chris hadn't rolled with me, I wouldn't have gone.
- I met a bunch of BlogTV people at IAG and In-N-Out the Friday after, including Adoboy, Janice, JecJec, Katzy, Kinh, Nessa, Nicole, Nina, Richard.
- I met even more people at Oktoberfest the next night and I got to introduce Meliss to BK and everyone.
The thing I'm most thankful for is how all the stuff mentioned above is just the beginning. Since Oktoberfest, there's been a bunch more things to be thankful for like:
- Halloween at Adoboy's
- Watching Emily Rose at BK's
- BK's Birthday Surprise at The Getty Museum
- the Expressions of Faith show
- the FAMS show...and how people came in from NorCal, SD, Chicago and even Alaska!
- Barkada Got Talent at Cal Poly
- Jam Sessions at In-N-Out
- Korean BBQ runs
- "Skype Orgies"
- everyone saying "goodnight" and then 30 mins later everyone is back online again. :rofl:
This list keeps going on and on...
And just to think, all this madness just started at the end of September! I've met more people in the past 2-3 months than I met all of last year. Just this morning I was rewatching that video of Jeremy co-hosting Nessa and it trips me out seeing all these names in there that I didn't know back then but I know so well now.
So much has happened since that recording, it feels like that was several month ago! It just goes to show how much can happen in just 30 days, and how even the smallest, most trivial things -- like Meliss flaking out on that one guy that one night -- can have such a profound affect on a person's life later on.
I'm lovin' every bit of it.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Much love to my BTVfam: (in order of when I added them as friends)
You are invited to co-host this show
hazelb: lol khaing
adrieee: khaing hah!
hollykinns: hey mel!!!
ron_palustre: wdup MEL!!
kl0v3: MEL STRIPPA
JayMarquez: SUP deep ass voice
hazelb: LOOK @ THAT TEDDY BEAR!
LovAL: MELLLLL what uuppp!
kl0v3: TAKE IT OFF
hollykinns: jayyy lol
DUH_MEL: haha gosh two mel's
hazelb: TEDDY BEAR!
KAme88: mel's smexy
JayMarquez: MELs da bomb yo
hazelb: teddy bear O_O
ron_palustre: mel gave me a man hug
ron_palustre: and i liked it
hollykinns: GO MELLLL MAH FINGAAA
hazelb: hahaha norms 26 too
LovAL: mel touch my hand
hazelb: SINXJAEs 27
kl0v3: YAY FOR OVER 21
KAme88: omgosh im having lagg brb
hazelb: jay, iu suck
hollykinns: did every1 cohost?
LovAL: damn i havent even hit my 20s yet
You are no longer a co-host
hollykinns: cya mellll