Thank you, everyone!!
Thank you, everyone, for all the birthday wishes! I feel so young turning 21 again for the 7th straight year! My phone would NOT stop buzzing all day cuz of all the @replies, facebook notifications, tumblr posts and text messages...birthdays like yesterday remind me how blessed I am.
- ashish patel
- cristie suzukawa
- hayley watson
- rosemary bales
Hopefully I got everyone in here that gave me a shoutout (over 240!?!). Love you all! <33
How I Spent My Year 2009
I don't expect you guys to read all of this...but I hope you take the time to answer this survey yourselves just to reflect on the past year. If you do this, answer truthfully and with meaningful answers that you can look back on several years from now; it's amazing to look back on how you've grown.
This is my 7th straight year of doing this, and it's an absolute TRIP looking back and my old posts. Anyways, here it is.
Thoughts on FAP'09
So this is how it feels. The greatest feeling of accomplishment in my life. I've never done ANYTHING like this before...but after months of driving to San Diego, TokBox meetings, promoting,
hair-pulling hair-receding stress...everything fell into place.
And it was EPIC.
Bodyroll Circle at La Jolla
I Heart NYC
It's been just about a week since my NYC trip. I wish I had more time to write a big post about it...but for now I'll have to settle with this awesome vid by Phil (and photos on my Flickr, coming soon):
Thank you, everyone!
Holy crap! Thank you guys so much for all the birthday wishes. My facebook, twitter and cell phone were going crazy the whole freakin' day!
Not gonna lie, I've had some miserable birthdays in the past...so I've learned to appreciate the simplest birthdays of facebook/myspace comments, twitters, text messages and just being around people that I love. Yesterday was all about that and I loved it.
A few days ago, I was thinking of doing something like, "for every person that wishes me happy birthday, I'll do a body roll for one second." Damn, if I actually did that, it'd be a video of me doing body rolls for over 2.5 minute!! :laugh: Maybe next year. Maybe.
Anyways, lotsa love to the people that wished me happy birthday (in chronological order):
- Melissa G
- Michelle T
- Kris Mark
- Paolo L
- Mom & Dad
- Jae -- omg pole dancing video??! :rofl:
- Kina Grannis -- :biggrin:
- Drew -- loved the body roll video :bangin:
- Cristina Blake
- Nicole P
- Stephanie C
- Amanda H
- Jon G
- Kulay Mike -- awww yehhh :hehe:
- Melissa V
- Mike E
- Amy T
- Justin H
- Kim T
- Jason C
- Richard J
- Chris P
- Lisa J
- Ashley S
- Stephanie R
- Bobby Lee, I mean, Cathy Nguyen -- :chill:
- Thomas Yu
- Jon Chan
- Katzy -- <3 video mail
- Alex John -- all the way from Chicago?!! :noway:
- Jec -- zomg, awesome drawing skillz!! :coold:
- Josh S
- Chris P
- AJ -- thanks for dedicating a song to me with Cathy. :cheers:
- Jessica M
- Kathleen B
- random people at AJ's show that apparently recognized me from blogtv (whoa!?!)
- Bryan Keith
- Mark M
- Sara T
- Ron P
- Audrey P
And on a random note...
This Ralph Emerson quote popped into my head yesterday. I've posted this before but I just love this quote so much I wanted to share it with you guys again:
Ralph Waldo Emerson:
To laugh often and much.
To win the respect of intelligent people,
and the affection of children.
To earn the appreciation of honest critics,
and endure the betrayal of false friends.
To appreciate beauty.
To find the best in others.
To leave the world a bit better,
whether by a healthy child, a garden patch,
or a redeemed social condition.
To know even one life has breathed easier,
because you have lived.
That is to have succeeded.
Love you guys. <3
This Year I'm Thankful For...
I have a ton of things to be thankful for these past few months. Lemme start from the beginning...I'm thankful that:
- a couple years ago, Meliss showed me some random vids of Gabe Bondoc, her YouTube Idol.
- back in July, I did a spontaneous weekend trip to San Diego after our plans for a beach day in Huntington fell through.
- back in August, Meliss showed me her favorite rendition of Getting Stronger performed by Cathy Nguyen and Randolph Permejo.
- Meliss flaked on some guy last minute one Saturday night in September so we could eat at The Boat instead.
- Meliss recognized Cathy and I recognized Gabe eating a few tables down from us that same night.
- I added Cathy on Myspace on couple days later.
- Cathy posted a bulletin on Myspace about broadcasting live on this new thing called BlogTV.com.
- a few days later, Jeremy "Passion" Manongdo was in Gabe's channel and took over when Gabe stopped broadcasting.
- That same night, Jeremy co-hosted Nessa, who is an amazing & beautiful talent. She invited everyone to see her perform at an It's A Grind coffee shop (IAG) in my area.
- I logged onto BlogTV during a slow day at the office and started chatting with bkeeeezy (Bryan Keith).
- Chris P. rolled with me to the USC Mabuhay performances where I bumped into and chilled with Bryan Keith & Cathy. If Chris hadn't rolled with me, I wouldn't have gone.
- I met a bunch of BlogTV people at IAG and In-N-Out the Friday after, including Adoboy, Janice, JecJec, Katzy, Kinh, Nessa, Nicole, Nina, Richard.
- I met even more people at Oktoberfest the next night and I got to introduce Meliss to BK and everyone.
The thing I'm most thankful for is how all the stuff mentioned above is just the beginning. Since Oktoberfest, there's been a bunch more things to be thankful for like:
- Halloween at Adoboy's
- Watching Emily Rose at BK's
- BK's Birthday Surprise at The Getty Museum
- the Expressions of Faith show
- the FAMS show...and how people came in from NorCal, SD, Chicago and even Alaska!
- Barkada Got Talent at Cal Poly
- Jam Sessions at In-N-Out
- Korean BBQ runs
- "Skype Orgies"
- everyone saying "goodnight" and then 30 mins later everyone is back online again. :rofl:
This list keeps going on and on...
And just to think, all this madness just started at the end of September! I've met more people in the past 2-3 months than I met all of last year. Just this morning I was rewatching that video of Jeremy co-hosting Nessa and it trips me out seeing all these names in there that I didn't know back then but I know so well now.
So much has happened since that recording, it feels like that was several month ago! It just goes to show how much can happen in just 30 days, and how even the smallest, most trivial things -- like Meliss flaking out on that one guy that one night -- can have such a profound affect on a person's life later on.
I'm lovin' every bit of it.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Much love to my BTVfam: (in order of when I added them as friends)
Convo: melmyfinger, you're a guy??
While JR Aquino was singing to some 'NSync:
melmyfinger: touches jr's earlobe
reyesc90: bakit pa ba
gotkatzy: awww this song....
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh: yesss i love bakit pa ba
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh: and di ko sa dya
melmyfinger: brushes thumb across lips
gotkatzy: dang melissa
melmyfinger: i'm a dude, dude
gotkatzy: lol im sleepy
Mquerol: is it jsut mel?
gotkatzy: there u go
melmyfinger: i has a weiner
reyesc90: do u remember their song with babyface
Mquerol: haha mel
New Hotness: BlogTV.com
My most recent addiction.
All of the local filipino musicians get on this thing and broadcast throughout the day. Their "shows" can be anything: live performances, open practices, random jam sessions, or just screwing around & chatting with the viewers. It's such an awesome way to get personal with indie artists and discover new music.
One of my favorite things about this is when they freestyle with whatever words the viewers type in the chatroom. Check out the video below, where Jeremy "Passion" Mondongo does a freestyle about food and finishes with a roll call. (You'll see my screenname in the chat)
Original: Passion - Randomness Addict
Another cool thing is you can have two people co-host during a broadcast. Check this one out with Passion & Nessa Ramos (and pay attention to 2:07, haha):
Original: Chillen with Nessa
This co-hosting thing makes blogtv a LOT of fun. All of these local filipino artists are good friends with each other and take turns co-hosting each other's shows. Someone will start broadcasting in the afternoon, do it for a couple hours and then they'll hit up the next artist. For the past few nights they've been taking turns broadcasting til 4 in the morning. Sooooo chill!
Check it out: http://www.blogtv.com